Kibworth Mead Academy has a Pupil Premium strategy which aims to overcome the barriers to educational achievement faced by our pupils. The effectiveness of this strategy will be continually evaluated, and a report of the effectiveness of the previous year’s spending will be published here each year.
What is the Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for schools in England. It is designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better and to close the gap between them and their peers.
What barriers do disadvantaged students face?
The barriers and challenges disadvantaged student face are complex and varied – there is no single difficulty faced by all. However, through discussions with students and staff, we have identified broad areas that we feel often affect the progress of disadvantaged students. These include vocabulary gap, working memory, homework completion, enrichment and attendance.
To support disadvantaged students, we aim to:
- Draw on research, best practice in and evidence from our own experience to direct funding to a school offer that is most likely to maximise achievement.
- Never confuse eligibility for the Pupil Premium with low ability and focus on supporting our disadvantaged students to achieve the highest grades.
- All students receive high quality classroom teaching, to maximise all students’ progress across the curriculum in particular our disadvantaged students.
- Ensure parents are aware of how to apply for free school meals and encourage parents to do so. Guidance is available on application for this using the email below.
- Ensure all disadvantaged students make excellent progress and achieve their full potential.
- Ensure we recognise that not all students who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals and reserve the right to allocate the pupil premium funding to support any students or groups of students the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Regularly bring key staff, including pastoral and attendance teams, together to discuss and monitor the progress of disadvantaged students.
At Kibworth Mead Academy we strive to create the best opportunities and experiences for all. As part of our commitment to delivering the best possible educational and extra-curricular experience for our students, we are able to use some of our funding to provide additional enrichment opportunities for Pupil Premium students such sporting activities, subsidising visits to experience the culture and language of another country, visits to universities, work experience placements with local industries and curriculum enrichment opportunities each year.
If your child is pupil premium and you wish to discuss potential financial support please contact [email protected]
Special Circumstances Allowance
There may be occasions when Pupil Premium students need support in purchasing equipment, activities, trips or even uniform.
Email [email protected] to find out what support might be available to support you.
|Targeted Groups||Pupil Premium
|Pupils in year groups reception to year 6 recorded as FSM Ever 6, plus NRPF pupils in these year groups who are eligible for FSM||£1,385|
|Pupils in years 7 to 11 recorded as FSM Ever 6, plus NRPF pupils in these year groups who are eligible for FSM||£985|
|Looked-after children (LAC)||£2,410|
|Previously looked-after children (PLAC)||£2,410|
|Service Children||Service Premium
|Eligible service children in year groups reception to year 11||£320|