Kibworth Mead Academy strives to be a ‘cashless’ site. We do not wish for students to carry cash into school to pay for meals or activities. Parents/carers can pay for school lunches, trips, and activities via MyChildAtSchool. Instructions about how to set up and log into your MyChildAtSchool account will be shared with parents/carers before your child starts school. If you top up your child’s card online, it will mean that they can buy food from the restaurant using their ID cards and you will be able to see what they have purchased. If you have any questions about this, please contact the school office.
Free School Meals
Here at Kibworth Mead Academy we have a number of measures in place to ensure everyone receives an equal opportunity. If a student is receiving Free School Meals, this allows the student to have a free hot or cold meal of their choice at lunchtime.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- National asylum seeker support
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
If a student is eligible, they receive their Free School Meals top-up on their ID card automatically.