The SEND Local Offer is here to help you understand what services are available for your child and to help you find the right service for you.
In addition to helping you find services, the Local Offer:
- Helps you understand what academies and service providers are required to do for SEND children and young people
- Helps the parents and carers of young people with SEND find support for themselves
- Clarifies who is responsible for services for SEND children and young people
- Gives you the information you need to ensure your SEND child can thrive
Please see the below useful information sites and leaflets:
- LCC – My Choice Website https://mychoice.leicester.gov.uk
- LCC Inclusive provision for send pupils in-mainstream schools_pdf
- DFE letter – New Arrangements for supporting children with SEND
Partners across Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland have created a short animation to help raise awareness of the SEND Local Offer and how it can support those that care for and work with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The Local Offer brings together the services, advice and help that’s available for children and young people ages 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities and their families. You can find out more about the Local Offer in Leicestershire and view the video here
If you have any queries regarding Special Educational Needs & Disabilities, please speak to our SENDCo.
Our School Offer
For additional details about the school offer, and provision in place at Kibworth Mead, please visit our SEND page here.